Molecular sieves 13X
MTE Catalyst support
The molecular sieve 13X, or zeolite 13X, is one type of an alkali alumino silicate. With an effective pore opening of 10 angstroms (1 nm), this is a highly selective adsorbent. It’s designed for the elimination of trace contaminants from air and other gases.
The molecular sieves can also be used for the desulphurization (sweetening) of natural gas and other fluids. Especially for the removal of contaminants, for air plant purification and for the non-cryogenic oxygen enrichment from air using pressure (vacuum) swing adsorption (PSA/VPSA) technique.
The 13X packing often is preferred for analysis of carbon monoxide, particularly at trace concentrations, because of lower retention results in sharper chromatographic peaks and improved detection limits.
Molecular sieve 13X will adsorb molecules with a kinetic diameter of less than 0.9 nm and exclude those which are larger.
MTE Group provides mass transfer solutions. We are headquartered in the Netherlands with a technology centre and the largest warehouse in Western Europe. Together with our own production facilities, logistics and an unique quality system, MTE can deliver within a very short period. We supply the molecular sieves in big bags and drums.
Together we achieve optimum mass transfer performance. How can we assist you?
- Storage of thermo-chemical energy (cold or heat)
- Very suitable for removal of mercaptan
Molecular sieves 13X – properties
|Color||Grey - White|
|Shape||Spherical or Cylindrical particles|
|Pore size||10 Å|
|SiO₂ / Al₂O3||2.6 – 3.0|
|Chemical Formula||Na2O AI2O3 (2.8 ± 0.2) SiO2 (6 – 7) H2O|
Other types of molecular sieves (3A, 4A, 5A) available on request.
- Air plant feed purification (simultaneous H2O and CO2 removal) and liquid hydrocarbon/natural gas sweetening (H2S and mercaptan removal) thylene cracking and drying
- Adsorb the absorbances which can be adsorbed by A sized zeolite
- Adsorbs triethylbenzene, naphthalene, benzene, toluene,dimethylbenzene, cycloethane, furan, trimethylamine, isobutyl alcohol, di-n-butylamine (not tri-n-butylamine), isopropanol and dioxygen
- Possess high catalytic activity, which can be used as carrier of catalyst
- Removal of n-chained compositions from aromatics
24/7 availability of 1000mᶟ stock of ceramics
Worldwide network with distributors in Greece, Russia, Malaysia and the Middle East
We have an unique batch wise quality assurance system with 100% traceability
Got a mass transfer challenge?
We provide the solution!
Together we achieve optimum performance of your application(s). Please feel free to contact us with any mass transfer related challenge.
+31 10 231 0260
3255 MC Oude-Tonge